Have you ever wondered why are kids so happy and carefree?
Is there a secret that is forgotten by us and known to them?
From the moment you become a parent, you are busy taking the responsibilities of your child; from making them learn to walk to teaching them about important things in life. But one of the joys of parenting is the opportunity of learning from your children and seeing things differently.
So what do you learn?
Paulo Coelho once said that
“A child can teach an adult three things:
1. to be happy for no reason
2. to always be busy with something, and
3. to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.”
Adding to Paulo, we bring to you 7 more things that you as a parent can learn from your issues –
1. Living in the Moment: Children teach us that there is a delight in living every moment. Like kids, we should engage ourselves in doing 1 thing at a time and do it with our 100% efficiency. Adults should allow themselves to live in the moment and relish the experience.
2. Being Happy: Children are happy with the little pleasures of life, like jumping in puddles or writing their first alphabet. It shows how they do not run after unrealistic expectations and neither do they take things seriously. As parents, we ought to lighten up and start relishing these small moments of our lives
3. Be Courageous: One of the most powerful lessons that these little fellows teach us is to be courageous and fearless. They are free souls who are unaware of the fear of being judged or being rejected.
“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin.
So, let’s embrace life with open arms and gear up to face any failure or hurdle with a smile, just like our kid would do.
4. Believing in Oneself: Modesty is an admirable quality but being the hero is awe-
inspiring. So are the children for whom the world revolves around them. There is no harm in appreciating ourselves sometimes and becoming the heroes of our own stories.
5. Value of Trust and Bond: The ability to trust oneself and others is the root of every good relationship. Kids love making friends with people around them, especially the close family members and find true joy while bonding (over a playtime) with them. Adults should also spend time in trusting and bonding with people around themselves.
6. Art of Forgiveness:
“Forgiveness is the answer to the child’s dream of a miracle by which what is broken is made whole again, what is soiled is made clean again.” ~ Dag Hammarskjold.
Kids hold a “No Grudge” policy and in that you see them being happy and merrier.
They forget, forgive and move on quickly. If parents tend to learn this tactic from their kids, we will have more wiser and happier world around us.
7. Laugh Everyday: You are not paying a penny for laughing today. Children know this very well. Laughter works like medicine as it promotes physical and emotional health. Studies have found that a child laughs more in a day than an adult does in a month. Something we ought to start now, as parents.
We are all free to enjoy life. Children can help you become a better person. Just start noticing the tiny miracles that surround you everyday, surely it will reawaken the child within most of us. Most importantly, take out some time to learn the valuable lessons your child can teach you everyday.
Happy parenting! 😃